Have you ever thought about investing in a little bit more education for yourself? Here are a few facts that you should know about affordable online mba programs before you decide to apply anywhere.
1. With thousands of programs to chose from, students working towards online degrees can find courses that fit their needs whether they are looking for real estate agent courses or a marketing mba program. Some courses allow for almost complete autonomy, while others keep students on track with weekly video chat sessions.
2. The College Opportunity and Affordability Act of 2008 requires that online colleges receiving federal funds verify that that the student enrolled in a course is the person actually completing the coursework. This does not usually have any direct impact on the students taking the real estate agent courses however.
3. Many distance learning programs do not require face to face interviews like the majority of the top MBA degrees do, but other application procedures are very similar to traditional MBA programs.
4. Many schools no longer require the Graduate Management Admission Test, or the GMAT, because research has found that the GMAT has shown no validity in identifying who will be the most successful managers after graduation even if it does detect who will do fairly well in the classes themselves.
5. There are many online schools and campus based institutions that give students the option of earning an MBA degree online. Many schools have also begun to offer a hybrid mba where students attend class once per week and the rest is online.